Belgian Reporter - Tintin Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favourite story?

+2
darthbob
los.kav
6 posters

Go down

What's your favourite story? Empty What's your favourite story?

Post by los.kav Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Shall I get the ball rolling?

It's hard to chose a favourite, because all of the albums are fairly spectacular. Some of the early ones aren't as PC as the later ones, but their charm is in their simplicity and naivety. For me, I'm torn between Land of Black Gold and The Secret of the Unicorn/Red Rackham's treasure.

The Secret of the Unicorn/Red Rackham's treasure is great because it's what Tintin does best: go on a break-neck chase to solve a mystery. Land of Black Gold works for me because the art is astounding, the story is intricate and captivating, and the fact that everything is redrawn and re-imagined following the story's hiatus has given Herge more time to work on the details. And even though he's not in it for the most part, Haddock manages to steal the show. The constant interruption of his story, of how he got there, still makes me laugh!

los.kav

Post Likes : 0

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite story? Empty Re: What's your favourite story?

Post by darthbob Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Tintin in Tibet. It had a lot of suspense, a lot of humor and that last panel of the Yeti looking on as Tintin and his friends march away from the Himalayas totally breaks my heart. Also, in my opinion, it was the least racist Tintin book ever.

darthbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 am

Red Sea Sharks, definitely! Very Happy It brought in all the characters - Alcazar, Muller, SKUT - with parts of plots I really like. So many great elements. It's a a great adventure in overall.
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 1

https://belgianreporter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:56 am

I have many favourites for different reasons.

Artistically, Calculus Affair. The linework is the most consistent and the frames are just... I love all the transition shots through airports, train stations and the country.

Emotionally, Tintin in Tibet. The bromance is ubiquitous. Also, Tintin's hat is super adorable.

Overall plot, The Blue Lotus, Moon Adventures and The Black Island. The story-telling and pacing in these books are phenomenal. The frame wherein Tintin is being expeled from the international settlement and into the hands of the Japanese is just so overwhelming.

Ok, so maybe I have more than one favourite. But how can I choose? They're all good!

Emily

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Badger Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:26 am

It's The Crab with the Golden Claws! Because that's when Tintin first meet Captain Haddock. And the plot is superb! Very Happy

Unicorn_Badger

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite story? Empty The Castafiore Emerald

Post by Jelsemium Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:01 pm

I think that the Castafiore Emerald qualifies as my favorite because it is so different than the other stories. It relies more on characterization than the other stories do because there isn't any of the traveling or cliff-hanging action that you get in the other books. It reminds me of Agatha Christie's stories.

Jelsemium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum