Belgian Reporter - Tintin Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie

+2
Neddea
Rianna Lauren
6 posters

Go down

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie Empty The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie

Post by Rianna Lauren Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:06 am

I'm sure you've all heard of the upcoming Tintin movie based on the Secret of the Unicorn storyline, by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson. I apologize for the late news since I haven't got on here for a while, but like they say, better late than never.

First up, posters. The first one is the international poster, and the second is the USA poster. I personally like the international one better. The globe, the sunrise, the epic seaplane and Unicorn - perfect.

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie Poster1

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie Poster-EUA

Next, trailers. The first one is the international trailer, and the second is the USA trailer. There aren't many differences between them other than an additional opening scene featured in the international trailer and a different dialog at the very end of the trailer. Like the poster, I also prefer the international one because of its additional opening scene. But the dialog at the end was better in the USA version, I must admit.

Post your opinions here!
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Administrator
Administrator

Post Likes : 1

https://belgianreporter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie

Post by Neddea Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm sooo looking forward to seeing this movie! It looks really good, doesn't it? Very Happy

Neddea

Post Likes : 0

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011) Movie

Post by SquareGlassesRuwani Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Simply CANNOT wait for the big day of release Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

SquareGlassesRuwani

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozza Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Sorry for being absent recently but the film is totally awesome and I have little to no complaints about it Very Happy
Rozza
Rozza

Post Likes : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Badger Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 am

The film rocks! I love the storyline, the motion capture, the cast.. especially the fact that Moffat was one of the screenwriters Smile

Unicorn_Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tintinrulz Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:00 am

My movie review - no spoilers:

Last night I finally saw "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn". I've been waiting many years for this movie. While there were some things I would've changed, I really enjoyed it. The movie consisted of most of "The Secret of the Unicorn" album, over half of "The Crab with the Golden Claws" and the tiniest bit of "Red Rackham's Treasure" (about 25% is original content).

PROS: It's Tintin in the flesh! (sort of). Herge! The movie shows the creators had huge love and respect for Herge and Tintin. Opening credits reminiscent of "Catch Me If You Can" credits - brilliant, amazing visuals that really capture Herge's art style, great acting/voice-acting, attention to detail - lots of easter egg moments for the die-hard Tintin fans. Mostly true to Herge's characters and the spirit of the adventures. Good script with some clever dialogue. Moments of quality humour, and impressive action. John William's music.

CONS: The last act of the movie while exciting and action-packed was a little too-over the top at times and was the weakest part of the script (not bad at all, it just sacrifices story for creative action scenes). John Williams music - it was great but more 'fun' than 'suspenseful'. I prefer much of the music from the early 90's Ellipse/Nelvana TV series. I would've liked to see more of Captain Haddock's angry and creative swearing. The movie lacks some of the finesse and clever character humour found in Herge's albums. Some villains were given less screen time.

Overall, the first 2/3rds or so of the movie are brilliant, the last third is merely very good. Naturally, the movie is best when it doesn't depart from the original stories. It's great to finally see a Tintin movie that's good!
Highly recommended!

8.5/10

*Tintin is rated PG for action violence. Suitable for older children.*

Tintinrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down